Re: [MV] RE SB1438--Action needed now.

From: Amnon Nissan (amnon@deltaforce.net)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 10:22:30 PDT

Here is what I just got back from one of my congressmen:

===========================

October 17, 2001

Dear Amnon:

        Thank you for contacting me regarding demilitarization of surplus
military equipment. It was good to hear from you, and I appreciate your
taking the time to contact me about this issue.

        I understand your concerns as the owner of a demilitarized M-35 truck.
Like yourself, many patriotic Americans own and display certain surplus
military equipment to demonstrate support for our country and our men and
women in the armed services. As America bolsters our homeland defense for
the war on terrorism, we must strike a careful balance between protection
from legitimate threats and the legal rights of our citizens. Although I
do not serve on the committee of jurisdiction regarding defense policy,
you can be sure that I will bear in mind your concerns when the U.S. House
acts of the defense authorization bill.

        As your Congressman, your thoughts and views are very important to me.
Please continue to contact me about issues that concern you.

Sincerely,

Bob Etheridge
Member of Congress

P.S. Visit www.house.gov/etheridge for more news and information about