Re: [MV] Band of Brothers replica tank

From: Nelson Dionne (aa1mo@nsradio.org)
Date: Fri Oct 19 2001 - 06:04:27 PDT

Hello All:

    For those of you not living in easy distance of a "super bookstore" you
may not have seen the articles in "Cinefex" magasine on recent military
movies. Their issue #86 hass a cover showing the attack on Pearl Harbor,
and a major article inside on the special effects used. They include nice
photos of the ship sections made in Mexico for shooting.

    Their current issue, #87 I believe, has a short article on how /
what was used to make a replica Tiger tank at a special effects shop in the
UK. If you can't get it locally, their address is PO Box 20027,
Riverside, CA 92516 No web site listed. The magazine is published
quarterly and sells for $9.50. Each issue covers three or so current movie
special effects from a technical prospective. From what I can see, the
magazine does sell out quickly.

Nelson Dionne
Salem MA USA
MVCC #411
Collector of military bicycles, hand carts & motorcycles