Re: [MV] Active Duty 'Conscientious Objectors' On The Rise

From: Daniel Terp (dterp@tallcity.com)
Date: Fri Oct 19 2001 - 09:57:19 PDT

I had heard about several Muslim soldiers who didn't want to fight
because the Koran prohibits Muslims killing Muslims.

But they got several Islamic clerics to post a Fatwa that labels Bin
Laden and Al Queda as "Hirabah" (criminals against society) so killing
them is OK. As far as I know, no complaints.

But I never heard of someone filing for a CO status after enlisting of
his/her own free will. I can't imagine that would stand up a minute in
court, after all, hollywood produces a dozen new movies a year showing
the military killing people. No one could claim they didn't know that
was part of the business unless they've been living in a cave. But I
guess freeloaders will try anything.

Has anyone seen a pic of the AC 130 Spectre on the web? I'd like to
see what they look like. Sounds like one nasty aircraft. They're using
it to soften up the Taliban ground troops.