Re: [MV] Tow truck question

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 20 2001 - 17:45:33 PDT

Steve,
I suspect that this is a M-62....it MAY be a M-543, I'd have to look at my
references to get date of change.
The first thing you need to know is that the fuel consumption of this thing
is phenomenal, as in 2-3 MPG. This is normal.
The second thing is that the truck will run rich, don't try to "correct"
that, or you will regret this.
The third thing is it has a LOT of torque, need to move a car, house, small
town, no problem...just don't be in a hurry.
The fourth thing is it has the same performance in mud as the Royal Mail Ship
Queen Mary...reference my "How (Not) to Mow the Yard article.
Make SURE that the power divider control (to the left of and almost behind
the drivers seat) is in disengage prior to driving the truck.
Replacement hydraulic lines are expensive.
Check boom for slop.
Buy copies of TM9-8028, TM 9-1837B and TM 9-8029-3 (this one is most useful).
Enjoy your big toy.

Hope this helps,
David