business as usual?

From: Anith@wfp.org
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 06:10:32 PDT

Dear List,

Even as a non-US citizen, it has become difficult for me to come to terms
with the events that killed nearly 7000 innocent people- most of who were
Americans. But on a comparative note, I have but to admit that the affect
on normal daily life in the US appears to have not been as great as it had
been in 1941 when Pearl Harbor was attacked and about 2000 servicemen and
women were killed and that changed the face of the nation forever. It is
now business as usual- except of course, the scare of Anthrax and other
irritants. Only the victims' families grieve and their daily life is
affected seriously.

So what happened, are we people less emotional? Do we now tend to forget
things too fast? Does the loss of nearly 7000 innocent lives not bother us
for too long? And now we have anti-US attack-on-Afghanistan demonstrations
even inside the US itself against the unfortunate and accidental deaths of
innocent Afghan civilians. Hey, but what were those 7000 who died?
Terrorists?

So it is business as usual, huh?

Compulsory MV content: My 1984 MUTT has stopped leaking oil from the
transmission at last!! Thank God ;-)

Anith

Based in Sudan.