Re: [MV] business as usual?

From: mark fisher (fishmeok@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Sep 08 2001 - 11:39:29 PDT

Hi all
As an aircraft mechanic I would have to say things are definately NOT
business as usual- There have been literally tens of thousands of aviation
workers (including mechanics and pilots) laid off or canned, over 100 flight
schools have gone out of business and at least one mid size airline (midway)
has gone under. Aircraft sales have dropped like a rock (good metaphor), and
for several weeks there were over forty thousand General Aviation airplanes
trapped under the enhanced class b airspace. Hopefully things will settle
down, but it will take years before the aviation industry recovers.
As for the chemical weapons threat- there are over 300 million people in
this country and approximately 20-30 have been confirmed to have anthrax
spores- and only one died. I feel very safe with those odds.
MV content- I'm working on the brakes on my M715 and will hopefully have it
driving soon.
Cheers
Mark