Re: [MV] business as usual?

From: islander (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 21:44:55 PDT

Kenneth wrote:

>Anith; in my neck of the woods it's anything but life as usual. Sure, we go
>about our daily activities and seem to be living the normal life but
>patriotism is abound. Flags flying everywhere.

Ditto in my neck of the woods. And not a day goes by without someone
mentioning something about some aspect of the whole mess.

>My opinion is that the media
>is making too much of the anthrax scare.

Totally. Sure it is a bad and scary thing, but the media doesn't keep it
in perspective at all. Something like 40,000 people in the USA die of
pneumonia and God only knows how many 10s of thousands are killed in car
crashes every year, but how much daily news coverage do things like this
get? Not "sexy" enough I guess.

> We have changed forever and we will NEVER forget.

Yup. The important thing to keep in mind is that we don't need to sit in
a bunker and cry ourselves to sleep every day in order to remember what
happened. If we did, the terrorists would have won. The best way to
defeat terrorism is to not let it affect our daily lives while, at the
same time, going out and getting the SOB's and then doing the best we can
to minimize future attacks.

>Now my MV content; who sells M105
>trailer parts? Anybody scrapping one?

>From what I can tell there are quite a number of these for sale cheap
(couple hundred bucks) fairly regullarly. I saw an ad for some in the
last issue or two of MV Mag. Owen's Export has totally complete ones for
$850:

http://www.owens-export.com/sales2.html

Sorry, that's all I ran across while looking for a trailer last month
(found one, but went with a M101).

Steve