Re: [MV] M422A1

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 18:34:27 PDT

>is the diff the same as a m151

No, not even close. The 422 uses a special version of a Dana 27 with an
aluminum case and cover on the top and with inboard brake drums bolted to
the housing.

As to U joints, my guess is a Spicer 1280 like the jeeps but I'd have to go
measure the joints on mine to be sure and it's not in a good place to be
gotten to right now.

If you know the cap diameter and width across the caps that will tell you
what series. I have the Spicer table around here somewhere.

later,

je