Spicer U-Joint Dimensions (was M422A1)

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 19:41:28 PDT

Basic U-Joint dimensions for some Spicer joints, all dimensions in inches:

Series Cap Dia Overal Length Trunion Dia
1000 15/16 2-5/64 1/2
1100 15/16 2-13/64 1/2
1260/1270 1-1/16 2-31/32 19/32
1280 1-1/16 2-31/32 39/64
1310 1-1/16 2-31/32 21/32
1330 1-1/16 3-3/8 21/32
1350 1-3/16 3-3/8 49/64
1410 1-3/16 3-15/16 49/64
1480 1-3/8 3-7/8
57/64

and so on up to 2150 which is 4-3/4 x 14-5/16 x 3-5/32, I'd like to have one
of these just to hang up on the wall !!!

As I recall mules us 1100's and jeeps use 1280's and/or 1310's.

Of course there are other series of U joints such as mechanics, Dodge,
Rockwell, etc., Ford has there own special ones also. Can be a mess and
seems like anything other than Spicer joints get really expensive also.

later,

je