Re: [MV] Ramps for loading trucks

From: Mark J. Blair (mblair1@home.net)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 08:12:07 PDT

"Winget, William A CONT JTFCS5G" <winget@jfcom.mil> wrote:
> I have also unloaded the thing using slings and the LARGE hydraulic
> semi-tractor truck wrecker for $200. (Three axle type) (They pick it up,
> and the truck drives out from under it)

That's how I unloaded my 34,000 pound M543A2 wrecker from a semitrailer:

    http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/greentruck/truck3/p05.jpg
    http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/greentruck/truck3/p04.jpg
    http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/greentruck/truck3/p03.jpg

After those pictures were taken, the tow truck driver lowered my
wrecker's rear wheels to the ground, drove his truck around to the
side of the trailer, and then lifted the front end of my wrecker with
his truck's crane so that the trailer could be pulled out the rest of
the way.

I later unloaded my Gama Goat the same way, using my M543A2. The chain
sling I built cost more than it would have cost to hire the local
towing company, but it sure was more fun to do it myself! :-)

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/