Re: [MV] Repro WW2 Canadian Red Ensigns

From: Colin Stevens (colin@pacdat.net)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 13:03:31 PDT

I'm sure we captured a few . :-)

I have some great photos and a story about a Schwimwagon that Canadian
medical officer swiped off a Yank (St. Omer?, France). The hospital staff
used it to go swimming at Cape Griz Nez (after the bullet hole in the lower
hull was repaired) and later the "owner" traded it in Paris along with a
full load of liquor.

Colin Macgregor Stevens
CANADA
seaforth72@hotmail.com
or
colin@pacdat.net

LOST MESSAGES: Due to technical problems, at least 6 and possibly up to 30
messages addressed to colin@pacdat.net were lost on 2001 Oct. 20/21. My
apologies for any inconveniences this may have caused.
MVPA Member 954 (since 1977)
Editor: "Maple Leaf Up!" newsletter & Webmaster
of Western Command Military Vehicle Historical Society
(Established 1977) http://www.westerncommand.com
Pitt Meadows (East of Vancouver but not beyond Hope)
British Columbia, CANADA
Owner of:
1944 Willys MB jeep (ex-Norway)
http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net/colin_stevens'_1944_willys_mb_photos.htm