Re: [MV] M35A2 Brake failure / Our first Airshow.

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 23:40:14 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: <MVTrucker@aol.com>
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 3:56 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] M35A2 Brake failure / Our first Airshow.

> I have a dsignated box of tools that I put in
> whatever vehicle I'm taking out, plus an air hose that connects to
> the truck's air system. Exra light bulbs and a spare headlight. Oh,
> I could on and on, but these are some of the basics.

Sound advice from Joe, as always. Unlikely, but just in case anyone makes
it to Europe with a vehicle some of these things are mandatory and it
catches us out taking a quick ferry trip across the channel.

As best as I recall, for France at least, the vehicle must have by law a
spare bulb for every external application, a first aid kit and a red
reflective triangle (commonly available as a fold-up, pack-flat kit) to be
placed well back from any disabled vehicle on the roadside; vehicle
documents are necessary too, all these things being alien to the UK.

For any UK first-timers, be aware the Gendarmes know all about tax discs and
MoT certificates, their limited English often becomes non-existent in an
official entanglement and makes flannelling out of it nigh-on impossible.

Certified de-act weapons are an iffy grey area here and there depending on
circumstances, huge amounts of caution and common sense needed.

Richard
Southampton - England