Half-Track Video

From: Tom Kelly (tjk2356@webtv.net)
Date: Sat Oct 27 2001 - 18:47:30 PDT

Esteemed Listees & Half-Track Fanatics:

Johan Edelhausen of the Netherlands puts out some great MV videos that
are worth checking out. His prices are fair the quality excellent, and
he's honest and ships his products out promptly.

 He has over 20 different titles, they all deal with mostly WWII
vehicles and events. One video titled HEAVY VEHICLES shows all the big
toys in action out 4...er..6 wheeling, plus a few M series are thrown in
for comparison in off road performance (you don't want to know).

 Also he has a title TANKS IN TOWN that has a lot of excellent restored
tank footage, there's a 105mm Sherman that is extremely clean. Both of
these videos are worth having.

 But his latest release HALF-TRACKS IN ACTION is why I'm writing. I
suggested to Johan that I'd like a video on restored half-tracks, and
this is the result. It starts out with WWII black & white footage then
moves into color of restored half-tracks at different events throughout
Europe (those guys have all the good stuff).

 The only thing that should be added is some "walk-around" shots of
static half tracks on display to show the manufacturing differences
between Autocar / Diamond-T / White (A/D/W), and International models as
well as the model differences M2 from M3, M16 from M16A1 etc.
But as this video will mostly be bought by collectors who already know
this stuff, it's not that big of a deal.

 Most of the scenes are at off-road events so you get to watch these
beasts in their element, This is good stuff, and for you guys back East
this video can take care of your half-track withdrawal symptoms until
the weather gives you accsess to your beast again.

 Johan can be reached at; m.edelhausen@home.nl

 He has a web site but I couldn't find it's address but Johan can send
it to you

Give him a try you'll like his products and his service.

Tom Kelly