Re: [MV] M35 fuel injector lines

From: specwar (specwar@piace.com)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 17:09:20 PST

Take the tube with you to your hardware store, get some plastic tubing
the same
size, doesn't have to be black,(be sure to get tubing that is comaptible
with fuels) mine are clear, also get at least two compression
fitting rings (those are the little brass rings that are at the very end
of each
end)(not the thread fittings, the ones that look like a little wedding
ring) then
take the line home, measure out the exact length you need and cut it,
then, take
your old tube, cut it in two pieces placement doeasn't matter as all
yoiu are doing
is harvesting the threaded pieces from the old tube(this saves a little
money, brass
fittings are expensive) after you have harvested those parts, place them
on the new
tube in the same manner they were on the old tube after that place one
compression
ring on each end of the tube just like they appeared on the old tube,
note: the
rings will not be tight at this point, that happens when you tighten the
threaded
fittings upon reinstallation. and finally reinstall the new tube where
needed.
total time of installation is probably less than the time ittook me to
type this
EMail. it is a really simple task. Please let me know if you have any
more
questions.

Robert J. Wilson
M35A2C "Desert Rose"