Re: [MV] M series compilation list

From: Eric Kozowski (eric@svjava.com)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 08:19:51 PST

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 09:53:33AM -0500, Rayfield, Robert wrote:
> For all hands:
>
> I contacted the U.S. Army and received from them a listing of all M-series
> vehicles that they had listings for to include numbers within the
> chasis-series, variants ("-A1," "-A2," etc). I started it in 1999, updated
> it a couple of times and sent it back out to all hands.
>
> I have since changed computers and offices, I no longer have the list here.
> I may be able to retrieve it later. Isn't it stored on some mil-veh
> archives that are maintained by Arthur or does someone have the last list I
> sent out? If so, can someone repost in response to below traf - I would
> like a copy as well, or point both of us to the archives.

Here it is (sent 990421):

Do not know if you need model numbers or NSNs; here is what I have
compiled:

M998A1-series HMMWV model numbers:

M997A1 Truck, Ambulance, 4x4, 11/4 Ton, basic armor, four-litter
M998A1 Truck, Cargo/Troop Carrier w/o winch
M1038A1 Truck, Cargo/Troop Carrier w/o winch
M966A1 Truck, TOW Missile Carrier, basic armor w/o winch
M1045A1 Truck, TOW Missile Carrier, supplemental armor, w/o winch
M1046A1 Truck, TOW Missile Carrier, supplemental armor, w/winch
M1025A1 Truck, Armament Carrier, basic armor, w/o winch
M1026A1 Truck, Armament Carrier, basic armor, w/winch
M1043A1 Truck, Armament Carrier, supplemental armor, w/o winch
M1044A1 Truck, Armament Carrier, supplemental armor, w/winch
M1035A1 Truck, Ambulance, soft-top, two-litter
M1097A1 Truck, Heavy Hummer variant

M998A2-series HMMWV model numbers:

Started in 1993 using M1097A1 as a baseline with same model numbers as A2
variants.

Truck, Cargo, 6x6 M35/M44A2-series on chassis, M45:

M35A2C Truck, Cargo, 6x6, 21/2 Ton
M46A2C Truck, Cargo, 6x6, 21/2 Ton w/drop sides
M34 Truck, Cargo, 6x6, 21/2 Ton w/single rear wheels on chassis
M44
M47 Truck, Dump "
M57
M36A2C Truck, Cargo, long bed
M48 Truck, tractor
M49 Truck, fuel tanker
M50 Truck, water tanker
M59 Truck, Dump
M60 Truck, wrecker, light
M108 Truck, wrecker, light
M109 Truck, shop, van
M132 Truck, medical van
M185 Truck, repair van
M275 Truck, Tractor
M292 Truck, shop, van w/extendible sides
M342 Truck, Dump
M756 Truck, maintenance, pipeline
M763 Truck, maintenance, telephone
M764 Truck, maintenance, earth-boring

Truck, Cargo, 6x6, five ton M51series on chassis, M41:

M51 Truck, Dump
M52 Truck, tractor
M54 Truck, Cargo
M55 Truck, Cargo, LWB
M62 Truck, Wrecker, medium
M64 Truck, Cargo Van
M246 Truck, Tractor-wrecker
M291 Truck, Van, expandable
M328 Truck, Stake, Bridging
M543 Truck, Wrecker, medium
M748 Truck, Bolster

M139 Chassis, Truck, 5-ton used on bridging and HONEST JOHN variants

Truck, Cargo, 6x6, five ton M809 series on chassis M809, M810, M811 and
M812:

M813 Truck, Cargo
M814 Truck, Cargo, LWB
M815 Truck, Bolster
M816 Truck, Wrecker, medium
M817 Truck, Dump
M818 Truck, Tractor
M820 Truck, Van Expandable
M821 Truck, Bridging

Truck, Cargo, 6x6 five ton M939 series on chassis M944:

M923 Truck, Cargo dropside w/o winch
M924 Truck, Cargo w/o winch
M925 Truck, Cargo dropside w/winch
M927 Truck, Cargo, LWB w/o winch