Re: [MV] gen-set house switch

From: Ryan M Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 13:57:28 PST

At 4:41 PM -0500 10/30/01, MVTrucker@aol.com wrote:
>Exactly what I'm using:
>(2) A secondary panel with a number of switches, one per circuit, and are
>wired
>in between the existing breaker panel and the load circuits. These are $100 to
>$200 at places like Home Depot. These are relatively recent and seem like a

Two companys that carries a number of these kinds of things.
http://www.gen-tran.com/
http://www.nbmc.com/emergen/

And a basic drawing.
http://www.nbmc.com/images/emergenistall.jpg

Specifically a Transfer switch. Its main function is to be certain
that you don't dump power back on the grid and cause problems (like
shocking workers repairing an outage).

--
--
- Ryan Montieth Gill             ----------           SW1025 H -