Re: [MV] Vehicle/Trailer Mounted Generators

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 20:06:13 PST

Well,...

You might not want to do that.

Even running it inside the M-416 trailer will not let
it get enough air circulation around it, the sides of
the trailer get hot.

The loudest noise comes from the cooling fan, not the
engine! The whine carries a long, long ways.

Also, with one of these generators you have to watch
the load as it changes the engine speed which changes
the output frequency, then you have to adjust the
governor to match. This may be a problem for radio
equipment or computer stuff.

Cheap generators make the lights flicker!

Joe