Re: [MV] PE95 G Gen set and power to house

From: Ted Hils - Ted's Trucks (tedhils@cyber-south.com)
Date: Thu Nov 01 2001 - 08:12:44 PST

Y'all are going to a lot of work to hook up your "temporary" power source.
Put a 220 Volt dryer plug on your generator leads. Set your generator to
220 volt. When the electricity go of, hit your main breaker, unplug your
dryer, plug your generator into the dryer receptacle and you're off and
running. With the main breaker off, you aren't going to electrocute the
lineman and as long as the breaker for the dryer is on, all current from the
generator goes through the main panel.
Ted

Ted Hils
Ted's Trucks 'N Stuff