wheel wobble

From: JaxInCalifornia@aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 01 2001 - 12:16:20 PST

Wheel wobbles...........

As near as I can tell my jeep wheel is about a 1 inch out of true, resulting
is a slight wobble. This is on the right rear wheel. I switched the rims
and tires, but the wobble remains, so it must be the axle. Everything is
tight too.

So the question is, is this a big deal, am I looking at busting an axle soon,
ruining a bearing or wearing out the tire or is this something that can
likely last for awhile without much risk? ( Axles are jeep 44 double knuckle
type)

Thanks in advance,

Jack Lee