RE: [MV] [MV[ Truck woes

From: John Hutterer (john.hutterer@deltec.com)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 07:06:26 PST

Joe,

I imagine that they have GSA auctions in New Jersey. They hold them at State
surplus outlets here in Minnesota. In the past six months I've seen at least
6 deuces sell for around $2000-$2500 each. Two M62 wreckers sell for $6500
each. A couple of 5 ton tractors sell for about $2000 each. 1/4, 3/4, 1/1/2
ton, and tool trailers sold for around $400 each. Generators sell from $450
to $1800, depending on size and mounting. The last sale was about three
weeks ago. A friend bought one of the trucks and drove it away, with a
completed form 97, that same day. I realize that you need to buy your trucks
as cheaply as possible, in order to make a living at it, but something like
this may be a possible source for you. I know that you like to buy vehicles
in good condition. The deuces that sold at these auctions were all in good
to virtually perfect condition.

John