Re: [MV] M-1-4 problems solved!

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 16:49:32 PST

--- uniquemachine <uniquemachine@air1.net> wrote:
> Like I said in the sugestion I gave you, I have had
> some mysterious spark plugs
> that had a good spark when out of the cylinder, but
> for some reason did not work
> in the motor. It took me a long time and alot of
> frustration to figure it out,
> but changing the plugs worked for me, and I am glad
> I was able to help you also.
++++++++++
Ah, funny thing happens here.

The resistance of the spark gap goes way up when the
pressure goes up.

Now, consider what happens when there is some oil,
which is usually an insulator, on the ceramic of the
sparkplug to allow the accumulation of carbon
deposits,......... which makes,....... A RESISTOR!!!
on the surface of the ceramic sparkplug insulator that
shorts SOME of the available voltage to ground.

Then, too, if its not getting a good enough spark it
will seem to be running rich which will make more
carbon, which will make it run worse, which will make
it run richer,..........