Re: [MV] Beltring?

From: Gavin Broad (invest@portsmouth-mann.com)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 02:08:27 PST

Hi Richard, Geoff & Team,

I, too, am sure that Belters will go ahead in some manner but I would like
to pick up on apoint that Richard made in his earlier post:

"An Accident waiting to happen"

Over-regulation would kill the show dead and, interestingly, it isn't
exhibitors, in the main, that are being dangerous. It is the children that
are allowed to go careering around the site on quads and trikes, for the
most part without supervision. This does need addressing - Nige, perhaps
you could pass along the concern?

The vast majority of vehicle movements were professional and safely executed.

The food stalls were the other area that may have come under Richard's
"Rip-Off" heading. The prices were very high for small-ish
portions. Having said that, I had no problem with portions when I got all
chummy with the Thai bird selling the curries. She was tickled pink to get
an order in my best "downtown Bangkok" accent.

Cheers All
Gavin