Re: [MV] Beltring?

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 12:44:22 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "A. Mehlhorn" <a.mehlhorn@t-online.de>
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2001 11:03 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] Beltring?

Richard Notton schrieb:
>> As ever we will be arranged behind the DTB F15 Polsten, F15
>> Personnel, 11 set operational Morris-Commercial PU8/2, the rare
>> Dodge (Canada) T212, FV623 with six non-leaking hubs, six un-
>> seized disc callipers, a transfer box that doesn't sound like a
>> coffee mill and moved along by 6.516 litres of new effort from
>> the admirable Hon.Sir Charles Rolls and Mr Henry Royce; added to
>> this the Baron Paulus von Hocking and the Stoewer RS200 will tack
>> on the end plus we have whatever heavy armour Mr Gas-Axe Multibank
>> Brown decides to drag down there and not to forget Nigel Watson
>> and the excellent IP Universal Carrier.

>Hey! And what about the guys the nice Axis vehicles???????

OOOPS!

Großen egg on face und thousand apologies.

How could I forget Herr Oberst Kettenkradfixennführer, der Amtlich
anerkannte Sachverständige für den Kraftfahrzeugverkehr Andreas and his
outstanding generosity in providing his NSU HK101 kleines Kettenkraftrad,
sonderkraftfahrzeug 2 as site transport, self-drive for some of us very
lucky few. There is of course Heinz and his fully operational VW 166
Schwimmwagem, as I have a picture to prove swimming in company with a FV623;
it does somewhat remind me of a swan with cygnet though.

In mitigation I did mention the Baron's 4WS Stoewer as an axis vehicle; I
was in a bit of a rush this morning and plead brain failure.

> Just 8 months or so. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nearly at the same time as Beltring 2002 there is a DISG event at
Norway. Should I prefer to go to Norway next year?

Oh, Beltring I think, you can't let a year go by without an Operation
Seelöwe preceded by Plan Case Yellow, and what the hell are we going to do
for a supply of bratwurst ?

Richard
Southampton - England