Re: [MV] Quad Polsten

From: Tim (tcb@hasher.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 14:25:14 PST

Geoff....

>> For my last it was... "me or the Jeep"... still got the Jeep... but
getting
>> older now... hit 30 last year... and have that need to settle down have
kids
>> etc... probably a silly idea... (nay... dumb stupid idea)...
>
>Glad to see Old Tim has demonstrated at least a modicum of common sense
>to-date... :-)
>
>HOWEVER... the following offered, Without Prejudice...
>
>Thirty... MY GAWD... but a few years to extinction... how we almost-50s
>feel your pain! Oh, to be YOU again, but with OUR innate, evolved
>intelligence and perspective!

Yep... hence I keep asking silly questions about MV's which no doubt the
rest of you gents answered 20 years ago...

>Trust me on THIS, self-replicating should NOT be high on one's list of
>priorities (the rest of us found this out by default); HOWEVER, finding
>a suitable Host Female IS... said Host, must, by definition, be prepared
>to encourage the evolution of YOUR innate interests, else you shall
>inevitably be left with an empty house (if any house at all) and a LARGE
>monthly bill for child support. You're a Man, and you do Man-Things...
>you will NOT be able to simply "stop".

But the self replicating urge is strong... oh for the Star Ship
Enterprise...

However I cannot see why I'd be left with an empty house... need somewhere
to put the militaria....

>Numerous of us here can speak as the Voice Of Authority on this
>subject...
>
>What a silly bunt, hehehe...
>

>> So any info on the Polsten Quads would be really welcome.
>
>Incoming as soon as I find it; I suspect use in the ground role (as with
>our 40mm Bofors crews) after Normandy, but will endeavour to confirm.

Larft like a drain I did.. .

Hope you find something on the Polsten Quad soon... otherwise I may have to
settle for a wife and 2 kids...

Someone I know thinks they were used as a secret weapon against the V
weapons... hence no photos... only manuals... but no other info... would be
fun to have... apparently they were a ripoff from the German Flak 38... look
darn similar.

Cheers

Tim