oil leak

From: Alan Zeichner (Alan.Zeichner@kp.org)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 07:25:06 PST

Hi there. just reinstalled the engine in my M151A2 Mutt. I had done a minor rebuild including transmission seals and gaskets oil pan gaskets etc. Never had other than a tranny leak before, but after starting the engine which started right up and purred, I noticed oil running out of the joint between the oil pan and the flywheel cover. all seals and gaskets were new. My worst fears are a leaking main rear seal, but this sudden leak and the volume makes me doubt this. Before I pull the engine again does anybody have any suggestions for me. Also if it is an oil pan leak can I or should I use a permatex type gasket maker to make a better seal? Thanks in advance...............Alan