Re: [MV] Multifuel compressor pulley slipping

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 08:38:27 PST

In a message dated 11/12/01 11:22:07 AM Central Daylight Time,
MVTrucker@aol.com writes:

<< Don't go there! I think we undid the clamp that holds the radiator brace
 the top
 of the engine. Just took the bolt out of the clevis and I think we could
then
 move
 the radiator about a 1/4" or so forward to give us the clearance.
 Joe Young. >>

Down here us rednecks are a little cruder than Joe....
Remember, the radiator has a brace at top, and has two spring loaded bolts at
the bottom.
I have found if you take the long prypar that is part of a wrecker OVM list,
and slip it down behind radiator, you can pull top of radiator forward 4 or 5
inches then wedge it in place with a machinists hammer place between prybar
and thermostat housing. This frees both hands to turn wrenches. Please
remember that the edge of fan shroud is sharp and will cut you.
Hope this helps,
David