Re: [MV] Field phone question

From: Jumpmaster (the_real_jumpmaster@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 09:01:10 PST

--- Bill George <primemover@2xtreme.net> wrote:
> Hey list, I have a TA-1042A/U Digital non-secure
> voice terminal(field phone
> with push buttons). I've been told by several people
> I can hook this up to
> my regular phone lines, but nobody has any idea how
> to do it. ANyone on the
> list know? It would be nice to have a phone in the
> shop when I'm restoring
> my HMVs.

Hi Bill...I have a TA-1042 as well...they're digital.
TELCO lines are analog. Even digital TELCO lines
won't work because the military digital signal is
different. At least that's what I was told...

Good luck...(Also wishing I could hook up my 1042 in
the house...TA-312 works fine...have DTMF dialing
adapter for it too...)

T. Bloxom