Re: [MV] Wanted: Battery Guru's

From: Everette Doyle (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 16:09:56 PST

Speaking of hazards we run into fooling with trucks - few years ago a friend
of mine came by shop and his hand was bandaged pretty heavy. He had been
tarping truck bed and had the rubber straps with hooks on the end of them
that we all use. He said he had strap stretched pretty tight and it slipped
through his hand, hook caught on wedding ring, he said he saw his finger
fly over truck it pulled it out of knuckle joint at hand. I went home that
night and took mine off, was some over 30 years ago and I have not worn ring
nor watch since then, when you get either of them between battery post and
ground before you can move they are red hot.

 Remember US Army put out directions for welding with batteries on our green
trucks.

Everette

They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old. Age shall not weary
them nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning
we will remember them.

Lawrence Binyen "For the Fallen"

----- >