Re: [MV] how 2 start a duece?

From: specwar (specwar@piace.com)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2001 - 12:55:04 PST

Forgot a couple things, you need to check fluids in the radiator to make sure it
is fully serviced, also check the engine oil level(dip stick is on the right side
of the motor(takes 22 quarts of 15w40), the oil in each differential and
transmission(diff oil should be to a lip inside the check hole on the side.)
tranny oil should be within a quarter of an inch of the check hole on the left
side. Check the drains on each fuel filter by draining about 1/4 cup of fuel from
each. verify there is no water in the fuel and that it is clean and free of rust
and debris. Verify tire pressure is 50 PSI (recommended road pressure). Also look
to see if there is an oily liquid pooled inside of the inner rims of the drive
wheels, this might indicate a failed grease seal, common and easlily fixed. a
failed grease seal in the forward wheels(steering) might be indicated by a wet
dust boot around the steering knuckle.
Inside the cab thee is a small door between the frivers feet in front of the
seat, open that(may require a screwdriver) this is the check point for the brake
master cylinder you will need a wrench to open the top of the cylinder and a
flashlight to view the fluid inside verify the fluis is pretty close(1/4 to 3/8
of an inch) to the bottom of the neck of the check/ fill hole you just opened.

That is about as much as I can think of, There is a guy that always has a 2.5 ton
vehicle checkout guide for sale on eBay that is very helpful in locating the
items you need to check. I would also recommend geting a copy of Army TM
9-2320-361-10 which is the operators manual for the 2.5 ton series of trucks it
is full of helpful information.

Bob Wilson
M35A2C "Desert Rose"
MVPA 23437