Heavy Truck Safety Check

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 22:07:48 PST

I was hooking up the phone system in the insurance
office that handles all of my insurance when the woman
who runs it got the bad news that her only brother had
just been killed by a heavy truck. She's a mess,
she's trying to plan a quick trip to Florida for the
funeral.

This guy had been working with a paving company for
many years, he was brought up on a farm so he'd been
around heavy equipment of some sort all his life.

This guy knew what he was doing!

He was 54 years old, left behind two kids and a wife.

What happened? I don't know yet.

I've worked as a construction electrician for over 20
years, my first guess is that he got distracted, its
easy enough to do. Most likely trying to keep track
of the new guys, it may have been an inexperienced
driver.

Check the stats on farming accidents, it's not the
farmer's kids that get hurt, it's the kids' friends!

-rant mode off-

Be careful with the heavy stuff.

Joe