[MV] Virus

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@home.com)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 07:39:09 PST

> Have you ever seen that before?

Hey Rikk:

        yes. A year or so ago somebody discovered that certain types of files could be sent with ... false suffix's. Visual Basic files were the primary example. The virus with the cute tennis star was one of the first
(Anna something ) The virus file was named 'Anna.jpg.vbs' or something close to that: the 'vbs' portion of the file name would be hidden even if you set windows to show all files: in order to see these suffix's you have to modify the windows registry, which most users can or will not do.
        This looks like the same type of virus. The best we can do here ( as we must accept attachments to complete our tasks ) is to run Norton Antivirus and update it weekly.

 Paul