Re: [MV] Virus from John Murray

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 06:49:13 PST

List,
I don't usually post concerning virus', but this one could fool you. Somebody
is using John Murray's e-mail address from Mid-Atlantic Trading and sending
a virus. The e-mail is:_midatlan@dmv.com (John Murray) (the _ causes mail
 sent to be bounced?). The subject line, and this is what could cause you to
open the file, is: Re: Re: M151 parts.
The file is: File: PICS.DOC.scr (29020 bytes) (note the .scr)
DL Time (32000 bps): < 1 minute
DO NOT OPEN THIS FILE! I called John, but he's out of the office. I want him
check into his puter.
I performed a Norton full scan on my puter last night and found one virus
(Trojan)
in quarantine. Everything else came up clean. If you ever get an e-mail from
me,
MVTrucker@aol.com, with an attachment, write to me before opening. I only
send .jpg and .doc to potential customers requesting information on my trucks.
Joe Young