M38-A1 Questions

From: Bill Kealey (bkealey@dmv.com)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 21:06:41 PST

I have a '54 USMC M38-A1 that I am restoring and hope that someone can help
me with a couple of loose ends.

1. I don't know if the seat covers in it are original. Mine are made of
O.D. colored vinyl, should they be vinyl or canvas?

2. I know that the numbers on the Jeep were yellow from notes from the
previous owner. Any idea what specific shade or color brand/number, etc.?

3. Is there any place that has clear photos of a USMC Jeep that would show
the Identification Numbers paint scheme?

Thanks in advance for any assistance that anyone can give me.

Bill Kealey
bkealey@dmv.com