Julian Comments

From: Julian Burke (julianb@esper.com)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 11:01:27 PST

I think this should also be said about this list. There were several great
comments about all the postings about this virus on this list. I liked the
comment (I forget who) who said "I want to know who's pissing in the motor
pool" Good one! Jim Newton had another great thought: ">I have received 7
viruses from this list in the past 36 hours. If this is
>not worthy of discussion, and is not of sufficient importance to be
>mentioned on the list, then I need to find a new forum for my interest in
>military vehicles. I will NOT be bombarded with viruses and then told to
keep quiet about it." You GO Jim!!

Folks, if we cannot use our computers, then we have NO LIST. Now a word
about "flames". A negative comment can be a useful and educational tool
esp. when it is from another point of view that we many times don't see. We
have all learned from CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. I received a "flame" last
night (I should mention his name but I equate him with my next point) that
was uncalled for and contained four letter words. Of course, this flame
contained nothing positive, constructive or had anything remotely associated
for help points which is the essence of any flame. (It didn't contain
anything about MV's other than calling CUCV's "POS"-his opinion) I have a
very low tolerance for profanity and have often found it is a cover up for
ignorance. If you have to include four letter words in a correspondence,
(or any text for that matter) you have already lost me on the first sentence
and it is worth less than what I flush down my toilet every day. There are
far better ways to get a point across without "infecting" it with stink.
While on this subject, ever hear the term "s--- floats"? It does and this
is natures way of showing you for what it REALLY is, that it needs to be
disposed of quickly and that it is also an infectious waste. Flamers are
like this, usually have nothing to add, only want to MAKE THEMSELVES KNOWN
like they are doing something (policing the list) and only want to tell you
that they don't like what you're doing. (CUCV's in Stuarts case) I received
many emails from good folks thanking me for the antivirus sites I listed and
how it helped them to clean up their computer and it didn't cost them
anything. Incidentally, in Stuart's flame he said quoting from my text
"OK, what do YOU want to read? How do you change glow plugs in a POS CUCV?
We have to live by your rules because you are the great and important Julian
Burke?" I never laid any rules. Well, we know he doesn't like CUCV's and
calls them "POS" if you know what that is. Fact is, they're not a "POS" and
Stuart doesn't like them so he has to MAKE HIMSELF KNOWN like the earlier
topic. I don't flame others because they like other MV families that I
don't particularily like. Right Stuart? OK, 'nuff said and you won't hear
me on this subject again. (virus too) I felt this is a important subject
that affects all MV collectors and I don't want to hear any flame because
they don't like what I or others do in MV's. I have 26 MV's and always want
to hear what others are doing and repair tips. Julian Burke PS, I am not
the "great and important" JB! Just school of hard knocks.