Re: [MV] Driving Range for MV's

From: RKiser8375@aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 16:38:50 PST

Bob,
I was at Aberdeen for the swap meet this year. I think it was in April. In
any event, they open the Munson test track to the public once a year, but no
cameras are allowed. I can tell you what some of the courses are though:

* Rolling Hills (40% grade)
* Belgian Blocks
* 2 inch washboard
* 6 inch washboard
* accelerated corrosion test
* frame twister
* Inclines (5,10,15,20,30,40,50, and 60 degrees)
* bathtub (fording test)

I went over most of the courses in a CUCV. But, I went over the frame twister
in a HEMMITT. It was an incredibly smooth ride. You might also ask Tom for
more details. You can possibly email him at aberdeenrally@aol.com if they
got the email address working again.

Regards,
Rob Kiser

<< I have been trying to find some pictures or layout maps of that facility
but
 without much luck, maybe now that you have given me the name of the facility
 itself I can find something, thanks for the info

 Bob >>