Re: [MV] Deuce Transmission / Transfer case Fluid

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Sun Dec 02 2001 - 18:51:48 PST

Gene has the right idea. Bite the bullet and go to NAPA and buy an economical
lever type hand pump that mounts on a 5-gallon pail of gear lube. It's okay to
screw around with some sort of rig if all you ever plan to do is top the
drivetrain
off, but if you ever drain and refill, you'll appreciate the pump. 5-gallon
pails of lube
is cheaper than buying small containers of it. A fellow once showed me an
invoice
from a truck repair shop where he had all the gear lubes drained and
refilled. They
charged him shop rate of $65.00 an hour to do the job. One hour was for
draining.
Now, I doubt the mechanic stood around for close to an hour while the lube was
draining. He probably worked on another truck, thereby grossing $130/hour.
You could always ask someone for a pump as a Christmas present :)
Joe Young