Re: [MV] [MVlist] Re: [MV] Deuce Transmission / Transfer case Fluid

From: King (landy@pacificcoast.net)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 07:02:12 PST

>What works even better than those suction guns is a 5 gallon pail mounted
lube pump. I bought mine from Quality Farm and Fleet for $25. It sits on
the top of
>a 5 gallon pail of lube and you just pump the handle pump gear oil through
the hose. It costs a bit more but a 5 ton diff takes a lot of lube! The
entire rigs slides
>under my 5 ton dump easily.
>
>Dave

What works even better than your better:) is an out of date 5 gallon/20
liter propane bottle.Replace the blow off valve with a compressor fitting so
you can pump air into the bottle.the bottles are usually rated for about
350psi but I use only about 90psi from my compressor.Make sure the main
valve can be removed easily for filling with oil.pour it in with a
funnel.the main valve assembly should have a pipe that goes down near the
bottom for pickup.Put a fitting and flexable oil compatible hose at the end
of the valve assembly.When you put air pressure into the tank the oil goes
up the pipe and into what ever you put the hose into.the valve controls the
flow.No pumping.sealed and easy to carry around.
Andre