Re: [MV] starting problem with my mil car

From: jimextwi (jimextwi@gisco.net)
Date: Thu Dec 06 2001 - 20:47:08 PST

Here is what we found so far !

We replaced the cap and rotor button along with the wires .

the inside of the distributor was dry but we found deposits on both the
contact part of the cap as well as the rotor button .

I replace these as well as the wires . the spark plugs were replaced also
and they were all within normal wear paterns .

When I replaced the cap button and wires the car starts better and it
started with the key in the normal position .

When it is cold I will try it then and if it doesn't start I will replace
the duraspark box ..

thanks
Jim Martin
ps this car only has 72 thousand original miles

----- Origi
nal Message -----