Ferret owner in Northern VA or area?

From: Cav43rdBn@aol.com
Date: Sun Dec 09 2001 - 11:46:55 PST

Am in the process of trying to talk the wife into letting me get
a "big green toy" (as she puts it). I am thinking about looking
into getting a Ferret, as it's wheeled, street legal, and a lot
(supposedly) easier to work on than a tank. (My secret desire,
but alas, no place to keep/work/play with it at this time.)
Is there anybody in the Northern VA area, or within reasonable
driving distance, who has one that I could come take a good
look at. Preferably someone who did the work themselves, so
that I can figure out the good & bad points, how much of a "pain in
the tookus" they are to work on, price of spares, etc, etc.
Worse case scenario, I'll just find a Jeep or something like that,
but I'd like something with some armor too! :-)
Anybody who can help out, drop me a line off-list.

Thanks!
Jerry