Re: [MV] Stencil Question

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 12:19:24 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: <DDoyle9570@aol.com>
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2001 4:03 AM
Subject: [MV] Stencil Question

> Prior to using Rick's paint mask product, I have used the traditional oil
> board stencils, which are less expensive, but I have always had trouble with
> the paint blowing under the stencil, yielding a blurry line.
> Do any of ya'll have any suggestions?

I have an ex-mil 1" stencil cutter (hours of fun), often with no expensive oiled
paper to hand we use surplus hanging file pockets, especially those when the
steel hangers have bent beyond use.

The mil never made pristine jobs of stencilling and I have learnt that you
actually need a very, very light blow over the stencil with an aerosol can, it
looks terrible and barely covered until you remove the stencil when the contrast
is obvious with the usual white on OD.

To get a stencil to stick on a curved surface without 10 arms and many sticks,
the graphic art spray on paste-up adhesive stuff works well.

Richard
Southampton - England