Stencils and musing on Judges....

From: Henry J. Fackovec (fackovec@radiotech.com)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 12:45:24 PST

I too, have a couple of ex mil stencil cutters, I agree that they provide
hours of fun;(Reminicent of when I was a NYC EMS Paramedic and my partner
decided to use the dyno label maker to label all of the radios and mikes, on
his day off we went nuts labeling everything in the truck (Windshield,
steering wheel, brakes, door, door handle, seat, seat back, ........))

Three notes:

1- You can buy the propper oil board from Grainger, it is about $ 90.00 for
a 50 pound case.

2- I use small magnets placed between the letters etc to hold the oilboard
in place. works pretty well to keep the paper tight and minimize over spray.

3- I agree that MVs will all have overspray on the stencils, (I got in a
knock down argument witha judge at a MV event about the one point he took
away from my (I thought) 100 point vehicle, because there was a tiny bit of
overspray on the bumper numbers. He felt that they should be perfect. I
offered to take him to the local NG armory to show him the lettering that
looks like it was thrown at the trucks.

Good luck

Hank