Re: [MV] Stencils and musing on Judges....

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 16:18:33 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Henry J. Fackovec" <fackovec@radiotech.com>
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2001 8:45 PM
Subject: [MV] Stencils and musing on Judges....

> I too, have a couple of ex mil stencil cutters, I agree that they provide
> hours of fun;(Reminicent of when I was a NYC EMS Paramedic and my partner
> decided to use the dyno label maker to label all of the radios and mikes, on
> his day off we went nuts labeling everything in the truck (Windshield,
> steering wheel, brakes, door, door handle, seat, seat back, ........))

Ah, that reminds me, having re-set the surplus machine and cleared out the stuck
dross the machine did provide hours of fun, the Domestic Management and Stalwart
Support Team here complained the tubular plastic cover on the outdoor unfolding
clothes line had failed in a few weeks, gaining a handful of brownie points I
immediately fashioned another in new OD canvas and a whiz round with the
heavy-weight canvas sewing machine. Then, with a momentary loss of presence of
mind, I sprayed a black square on either side, stencilling one side:

COVER, LINE, CLOTHES
        MK1 MOD1

And the other with a WWII 6th Armoured Div. "Mailed Fist". . . . . . .

The words "sad" and "muppet" seem to spring to mind.

> 1- You can buy the propper oil board from Grainger, it is about $ 90.00 for
> a 50 pound case.

Not here you can't.

Richard
Southampton - England
-If it stands still its stencilled-
-Our old black cat is lucky it doesn't have CAT, BLACK, SOOTY, 4X4 down either
side-
-Really must shovel the stencil chads out of the garage over the hols-