Re: [MV] batteries and security

From: Ron (rojoha@mediaone.net)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 08:09:00 PST

Yes I have and yes it would.

    During my state vehicle (M35A2) inspection last week, the inspector
pointed out that ALL motor vehicles in MA have to have a 'lockable' ignition
switch. Owner of shop told him to stop being such a spheroid buster, its an
army truck.
    I told him about the Sears Remote Control Battery. He said that would be
acceptable as long as I put a padlock on the battery compartment door. I
said, Yes sir, right away,sir, I promise I will,sir. Put the sticker on the
windshield and exited,stage left. (He also urinated and moaned about the VIN
number being wrong, but I had brought the RMV Title with the truncated VIN,
done by the registry because it can't be more than 13 items and can't start
with a '0', which mine has and does. But that is another thread)
    So go for the Sears magic battery. Unless you do a LOT of unimproved
dirt road driving at high speed, it shouldn't be a problem.

Ron