Re: [MV] M35 Tires

From: A762x54mm@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 10:40:49 PST

In a message dated 12/12/01 12:37:19 PM Central Standard Time,
john.hutterer@deltec.com writes:

<< I gotta ask. Why would you deflate the good tire too? >>

John,

The good tire has 85+PSI in it. It could (and I have seen it happen) blow off
when you remove the tire assy from the hub. Two things are holding it on, the
lip on the rim and the rim spacer between the two tires. On the front wheel
the hub has a lip on the inside.
It might not come right off as soon as you remove the wheel from the hub, but
if that baby comes off, you will be cleaning out your underpants!

Gene Rivers
72 AM/Gen M35A2, 6x6 "Deuce and a Half"
2 1/2 ton Troop/Cargo Truck, Hard Top Cab, Troop Seats,
478ci Multi-Fuel Turbo Diesel, 10,000# PTO Winch, Air Shift Front Axle.