Re: [MV] M35 Tires

From: Gene Pantano (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 10:47:53 PST

This is Gene from Colorado.. I have not been following this thread on the
tire business..bores me. I have been changing split rings since the late
40's...never had a problem...I drive the deuce on top of the tire and air it
up..let it blow... Never had one blow . I always set the ring...and make
sure it is nice and clean..no water on it.
If I am in the shop..I stand the tire up...wrap a chain loosely around the
tire -through the center of the rim..have it in 3 places..completely around
the tire and rim.. Let it blow..it is going nowhere..cages are nice..but who
the hell can have one in the field.. I carry chains..even if I have to use
the tire chains...or good tow ropes will work fine.. Lighten up guys,
changing them is a no brainer.. Gene - Colorado