Re: [MV] Blazer Hard Start

From: Gene Pantano (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 11:08:02 PST

Plain old "cold fuel"..your preheater in the filter is either not working
properly..or the fuel itself is at fault. You can add any of the gangs of
additives for cold starting..or..use a block heater..or..hang a 60 watt
light near the filter all night..or do as I do..(comments welcome) ..When I
did cold weather training for the Army..it was 38 below..All vehicles were
started every hour..run for 15 minutes..and shut down ALL NIGHT..The CUCV
Blazers would not start..2 had to be towed out...Mine started..without
starting to keep it warm.. Why you ask ?? Because I invested $2 out of my
own pocket before going into the training area.. I added just over a gallon
of high test gasoline to the full tank of diesel.. I do this a lot..never
been stuck..and laugh at people who tell me I'm putting gasoline in my
diesel.. I drive off in the morning while they sit there and moan..
Gene..Colorado