Blazer Hard Start

From: Stu Ellis (stuellis@mediaone.net)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 10:56:35 PST

Hi all!
Since temps have been dropping below 30 degrees overnight, my Blazer is hard
to start in the morning. Good glow plugs and working, electric fuel pump to
prime system before cranking, rebuilt injection pump, and manual glow plug
button.
In the mornings during spring, summer and early fall, I hold glow plugs on
for 12-14 seconds and truck starts on first try and runs.
Now, after 15-16 second glow plug heat-up, it starts for 2-3 seconds and
dies out even with my putting gas pedal half way down or full down. Then
when I try cranking to get it started again with glow plugs on it blows
white smoke and will start after another 6-8 seconds of cranking. I have
tried pre heating with glow plugs for 10 seconds first before doing above
with same results.
But, if I plug block heater in overnight, it starts like it's summer.
What could be causing this? Injection pump timing? Other ideas?

Stu Ellis
Seatrade International
#603-437-1392