RT524 frequencies?-WTB headset- FS chutes

From: JaxInCalifornia@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 19:48:42 PST

WTB: Headset for RT524.. pls contact off list. Thanks.

First, thanks to everyone that responded regarding the "no code" training.
All very helpful. Thats what I love about this list, it's a super network of
information, exactly what the orginal internet was intended to be. You guys
are fantastic.

Here is a summary of the info:

1. Study booklets available at Radio Shack.
2. Practice test available at: http://www.hamstuff.net/
3. Helpful site: http://qrz.com/
4. Radio chat:
5. FCC info.:
http://wireless.fcc.gov/amateur/amhow2.html

I'm up here in the far Northern regions of California looking for interesting
mil frequencies to monitor. ( FYI this is an area eerily close to resembling
the less affluent parts of Afghanistan, no Taliban around, but if you've seen
Deliverance, you've seen my neighbors.)

So I'm wondering if there are any military radio frequencies on the 6 meter
band worth listening on? Is there a site where radio frequencies are posted
for a particular region? I did find one site for some military radio
frequencies, unfortunately all but one is out of my radio's reach...

RADIO FREQUENCIES FOR MILITARY:

http://205.180.85.40/w/pc.cgi?mid=6843&sid=1489.

Q. Does the MVCC or MVPA has a particular frequency they like to use?

Won't ask any more on mil radios after this last post!

FS Military tactical chutes (ram air) for sale...$45 each plus whatever the
shipping is, no charge for packing. (original gov. cost $1154.00), plus
shipping. Shroud lines are cut, but have about 18" of "flat type" line left.
 Chutes are used, B to B+. Colors are gray or light brown. These are
basically the same sort of chutes as used on powered paragliders... they make
nice kites too, sort of like reverse bungie jumping. One minute your standing
on ol terra firma, the next moment you catch that good breeze and your
suddenly launched high over the surrounding power lines... great fun.

Jack Lee
(Sunny California)
Volvo-Valp L3314N troop carrier, 4X4