Re: [MV] RT524 frequencies?-WTB headset- FS chutes

From: Jumpmaster (the_real_jumpmaster@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 20:03:57 PST

Hi there...

Be careful if you transmit on military radios on the
6m band. The FM signal from most all military radios
I'm familiar with is a touch (LOT!) too wide to be
legal to use in the amateur band.

Yes, I know most people don't care and ignore it...at
the same time, you should still be aware of it.
51.000 MHz would be the frequency of choice from my
experience.

As far as ram-air canopies, don't do anything to get
yourself killed. I've spent many an afternoon as a
bored skydiver (when the winds were way too high to
jump safely) and have seen people do all sorts of very
dangerous things with these parachutes. I won't go
into detail here so as not to give anyone any ideas
they didn't already have, but please just be careful.
As they say on t.v., "don't try this at home" or
you'll probably be dead soon. You need not make a
parachute jump in order to be killed under canopy.

BTW, I bought one of the Army Golden Knight parachute
demonstration team canopies the other day...I'm
thinking of sending it back to the manufacturer
(Flight Concepts) to have it relined. It has a
maximum suspended weight of something like over 300
pounds!! (Which is a lot...the one I normally jump
can only do about 150 pounds safely...)

T. Bloxom
1985 M1009 CUCV
ARS: AG5U
USPA 105269, D-20171 (330 jumps + 1 reserve ride...and
counting...)