Wait! -- RT524 frequencies

From: b52d@piace.com
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 11:59:37 PST

Whoa!

51.000mhz is right at the end of the RC control freqs. 50.8-51.0
Radio remote control (20-kHz channels) It would be really bad if you
key your mike and cause someones gazilion dollar RC plane or
helicopter to auger in, or worse yet, hurt somebody!

51.0-51.1 is Pacific DX window - NOT GOOD to mess with the DX
windows! Frequency is reserved for that use only.

Enclosed is a url for the frequencies available to amatuer band,
the "Simplex" freqs are where you should be AND you would have to
have a tech license to talk on them even then, not just an amatuer
ticket, but a tech or higher class.

The Band plan plainly show simplex frequencies just for your use
(with a license ONLY)
http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/bandplan.html

below are some examples....

52.02, 52.04 FM simplex
52.2 TEST PAIR (input)
52.5-52.98 Repeater output (except as noted; 23 channels)
52.525 Primary FM simplex
52.54 Secondary FM simplex
53.02 simplex
53.52, 53.9 simplex